Hi folks, here we will see What is Process Builder in Salesforce and how to create Process Builder in Salesforce? Process builder is a point and click workflow tool that automates your business process. It has a simple interface that allows you to select the object and field while setting up immediate or time-based actions.
After completing this tutorial you will be able to understand:
- What is Process Builder in Salesforce?
- What are the components of Salesforce?
- Action Type for Process Builder.
What you’ll do?
- Create a simple Process Builder that will create a child record on Case object when a High Priority Case is created.
What is Process Builder?
Components of a Process:
- A Trigger.
- At least one criteria node.
- At least one action.
- Only when the record is created.
- Anytime a record is created or edited.
- Conditions are met
- Formula evaluates to true
- No criteria—just execute the actions!
- Create a Record.
- Email Alert.
- Post to Chatter.
- Submit for approval.
- Update records.
- Quick actions.
Let’s create a simple Process that will Create a Child Record on Case object when a High Priority Case is created.
Step 1- Goto setup and find Process Builder.
Step 2- Click on the New Button. A popup will appear.
Fill the details and Click on the Save button. The following screen will appear.
Step 2- Click on the Add Object and add Case object as shown in the below image.
Click on the Save button.
Step 3- Now its time to Add Criteria.
Set the condition as shown in the above image and click on the Save button.
Step 4- Create an action for the process builder called Create Child Case. Set the value for the field.
Now Activate the process builder and Test by creating a Case Record with High Priority.
- Batch Apex in Salesforce,
- Map Class in Apex Salesforce.
- Standard Controllers in Salesforce.
- Display Record List in Lightning Component Salesforce.
I hope you understand this tutorial. Please don’t hesitate to comment for any technical help. Your feedback and suggestions are important to me.